dimanche 10 juin 2007

Jardin des Plantes

Just next to the Gare d’Austerlitz, the Jardin des Plantes is an extremely well used public space in Paris, everytime I went there, there were heaps of people. It is also near other things, but this is how I got to know Paris, by where the metro stations were. I went on a day where it decided to downpour, so I went again later in the week. There is a part of the park that is showcasing plants of Paris and the friche which is off limits to the public. It is explained by signs on the fences that it is showcasing the state of nature in progressive stages in the 'friche'. But it is fenced in…And there is only one guided tour on Saturdays from 3pm to 430pm. I was late, but anyhow, these guided tours of Parisian parks are kind of lame, it is an old guy/gal who explains plants to other old guys and gals. As I don’t really know names of plants in English, let alone French, these kinds of things aren’t really for me. Anyhow, cool idea, but let the public in, we are a huge part of nature now.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil