lundi 11 juin 2007

Parc André Citroën

In my opinion, the best park in Paris. I came here a number of times, as it happened it was very close to where I stayed for the first week. Thanks again Caroline for the hospitality and showing me around town. Thanks Thomas for letting me stay for a few days too. Anyhow, here are some photos:



Parc André Citroën - a contemporary park between nature and artifice.






The moat was dry when I was there, so kids were running down and through it. There are only two main access points to the lawn (a third for the hot air balloon), however when I was there, one could come and go as they pleased.





Finally, the garden in movement. This space was so excellent to me, the vegetated diversity was amazing, and plants I grew up believing as weeds were allowed to flower and become huge. The range of textures and colors there is fascinating. Simply the shades of green, from the dark bamboo plants to the light green lawn, but also the array of flowering plants was quite beautiful. Part of why I think this was so successful was its location. I feel there is so much room for this kind of design in the city, however it couldn't have been the whole park. André Citroën is very large, and it has richness of diversity that one can really appreciate. If the whole of it were the jardin en mouvenent, it would not be nearly the park it is.











Make out city.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil