dimanche 10 juin 2007

Versailles

After the visit to the architecture & landscape schools of Versailles, I spent the rest of the day walking through the gardens & chateau of Versailles. The scale is seemingly impossible, with views that go off into forever. This is contrasted by the bosquets, where one is surprised at the intimate scale and enclosed nature of these spaces.







The chateau is so much more beyond what I had expected. I don’t know how to really describe it, but it seemed to overwhelm me to some degree. Each room you go into is so incredibly ornate that it made me wonder how this ever came to pass. I don’t quite understand how something like this chateau and garden would be constructed today, but to imagine it built during the time it was is baffling.



0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil